I am SERIOUS about shopping. But I am also SERIOUS about saving money!
I have come up with my TEN Commandments of Online Shopping, to share with you some of the ways I am am able to buy FABULOUS things and save $$ at the same time!
1. Never, ever, buy anything online without searching for a coupon code first. You would be AMAZED at what you can find just by Googling the store name and “coupon code”. Much of the time, all it takes is for you to add your e-mail address to their mailing list. If you have already done that and you have another e-mail address, add that one TOO! (you can always unsubscribe later)….
2. At the very least, I try to never pay shipping. Sometimes I have to suck it up and do it, but I am a little bit morally opposed to paying it, so I will do whatever it takes! For that reason I buy A LOT on Amazon with my Prime account. Leading me to my next point…
3. AMAZON Prime. I try to buy as much as I can through AMAZON with my Prime membership. Shipping is FREE and SO FAST, and returns are easy as well! And you would be surprised just HOW MANY THINGS you can buy on Amazon, and for much less than elsewhere! I have purchased everything from tools, to bras, batteries and printer ink! And I compare prices before I buy anything, and 9 out of 10 times, they are cheaper. Love AMAZON.
4. Flash Sales. I have very often done most of my holiday shopping through flash sales, and very often discover some great brand name finds at amazing prices. Some sites I love: Hautelook, Zulily, Ruelala, and Gilt.
5. Saving time AND money. Familiarize yourself with the return policies of sites and try to use the ones that offer free returns. OK, ok, sounds obvious, right? No one wants to pay shipping to send something back. But it’s more than that. I have two little monkeys running around, and online shopping saves me from bringing them into multiple stores looking for items. And trying things on with kids in tow? Forget it. Shopping online at a store with a generous return policy allows me to buy multiple options that I like, try them on when they arrive, and send back the ones that don’t work. And it also helps when you are not sure what size will work-buy both! Just throw the ones you don’t want back in the box, slap that pre-paid shipping label on the box, and drop it at the nearest UPS store. Easy peasy!
Stay tuned for My TEN Commandments of Online Shopping…..Pt. 2!!